Luxury Law Summit – SAVE THE DATE!
Ham Yard Hotel ○ 14 – 15th May 2018
THE BUSINESS OF NEW LUXURY
As one of the most prestigious gatherings in the luxury calendar, the 2018 Luxury Law Summit is shaping up to be the best yet. With an extra day devoted to the issues facing up-and-coming luxury companies, the 2018 theme, The Business of New Luxury, will combine the most exciting developments in the luxury marketplace with a business and legal perspective on how luxury is expanding and growing and dealing with the challenges on the horizon.
DAY ONE: MAY 14 2018
FAST GROWTH LUXURY COMPANIES: THE LUXPRENEURS
By popular demand The Summit is adding an extra day to provide delegates from a range of fast-growing companies –‘Luxpreneurs’ – with the corporate, legal and financial advice they need to assist their growth. The day is aimed at those who are ready for the second stage of their journey in luxury. From talks on raising finance, proactive legal advice, ensuring the supply chain is bulletproof, growing the business and trade internationally to board governance and sustainability, the day will provide answers to the key issues impacting luxury growth for their brands.
Not only will delegates hear from the masters of luxury who will share their experiences of growing a brand but they will have the unique facility to discuss corporate, legal and practical matters on a one-to-one basis with gurus from law firms, accountancy firms and supply chain experts amongst others who will be on hand. In addition Luxpreneurs will have the opportunity to showcase their companies to potential investors during the day and discuss their financial requirements with private equity/angel funders.
THE LUXURY LAW AWARDS 2018
The first day of the Summit will conclude with The Annual Luxury Law Awards which recognise the discipline, the hard work and the creativity, which are the hallmarks of success in the luxury goods sector — both for the designers who create that luxury and for the lawyers who protect and commercialise it.
DAY TWO – MAY 15 2018
Day two of the summit will have a special focus on luxury food and an inside perspective on collaborations in luxury as well as a focus on global trade and doing business in new markets.
The sessions will provide an in-depth look at the risks, challenges and opportunities for luxury businesses – from brand protection on the catwalk to the impact of robotics and artificial intelligence on the luxury marketplace. With legal at the core of luxury, the programme will be targeted at general counsel and heads of legal who are guardians of the brand. Join us to hear:
• How can luxury legal departments protect their boards and brands and ensure that the business is compliant across the globe?
• What level of responsibility does the general counsel have for corporate culture and ensuring the company is sustainable?
• How, in a world full of data breaches, can general counsel protect their top clients and avoid reputational damage?
• What legal protections are necessary for new technologies – from advanced materials, artificial intelligence, robots, mixed reality and the internet of things?
• The world of payments – the latest developments and the legal implications.
• What are the future drivers of growth over the next 10 years and how do they fundamentally differ from those experienced during the past decade?
These are just some of the issues which will be covered at the event which will look at the impact – across geographies, channels and consumer buying behaviours- on luxury companies in a range of sectors from fashion, cars and yachts to fashion, jewellery and watches.
Latest speakers include:
• Arrigo Cipriani, Head of the world-famous Cipriani Hotel Group
• Howard Tillman, Retail entrepreneur and investor and former head of Jaeger and Aquascutum
• Bobby Chinn, Asian TV chef, restauranteur and judge
• Tamara Ralph of Ralph & Russo, creators of Haute Couture to Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Blake Lively, Gwyneth Paltrow, Fan Bingbing and Kim Kardashian
• Nicola Scott, General Counsel, Christie’s
• Stefano Fenili – Luxury Principal, Bain & Company
• Alexandra Simmerson, Director, Corporate Counsel, Michael Kors
• Sara Citterio, Corporate Affairs, Legal and Compliance, Trussardi
The event will include panel discussions and talks on:
• Brand protection and IP
• Privacy: New challenges for luxury
• Litigating luxury
• Ethics and the role of the GC
• Defining luxury
• The Luxpreneurs
• Private equity and the luxury sector
• Food and drink
• The luxury franchise
• From AI to robot
• Cybersecurity and data breaches
• Reputational crisis
Delegate places are available as a combined ticket for both days or as individual tickets for day one and day two. Attendance at the awards evening on day one is free for holders of tickets for that day. Additional tickets are available for those not attending day one. For more information please contact Ben Martin – firstname.lastname@example.org