SAVE THE DATE!
LUXURY LAW SUMMIT AND AWARDS
16TH MAY 2017
Last year’s Luxury Law Awards highlights…
- We celebrated the winners of this year’s Luxury Law Awards: Our winners received a beautiful, engraved Georg Jensen pitcher designed by Aldo Bakker at the Luxury Law Awards Dinner, hosted at the Four Seasons Hotel Park, in recognition of their specialist skills and expertise in the luxury sector. Click here to see the full list of this year’s winners.
- Our delegates helped raise funds for Centrepoint, our appointed Luxury Law Awards Charity: Lady Kitty Spencer hosted a charity auction to support Centrepoint, the charity that helps homeless young people to get a brighter start in adult life.
Thank you very much to everyone who donated on the night!
- We meet David Downton, one of fashion’s most celebrated illustrators and celebrity portrait artists. Marion Hume interviewed Downton who over the last decade has established a reputation as one of the world’s leading fashion artists. He has created life portraits for some of the world’s most beautiful and iconic women: Cate Blanchett, Dita Von Teese, Erin O’Connor, Catherine Deneuve, Iman, Linda Evangelista, Rachel Weisz and Paloma Picasso; and brands such as Chanel, Dior, Tiffany & Co., Topshop, Joyce Hong Kong, Harrods, Estée Lauder and the V&A Museum. In September 2011 he was appointed the first ever fashion artist in residence at Claridge’s Hotel in London.
- Our delegates met with luxury business leaders and their legal advisers and had the chance to expand their network. Our delegates came from: Abercrombie & Kent, Alex and ani, Alexander McQueen, Amanda Wakeley Designs, American Apparel, Anglo American – Aston Martin, Caramel Baby & Child, Chanel, Charlotte Olympia, Clive Christian, Coach, De Beers, Diageo, Emma Chapman Jewels, Ermenegildo Zegna Group, Essential Concierge, Ethologie, Eyola, Fabergé, Farfetch, Fendi, Fortnum and Mason, Franck Muller Genève, Gemfields Fabergé, Georg Jensen, Gibson Dunn, Godiva Chocolatier, H&M, Harrods, Hermes, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade & Company, Kering, Kurt Geiger, Linda Farrow, L’Oreal, Luxottica, Lyst, Malena Mazza, Marimekko Corporation, MARIO TESTINO+, Mark Giusti, Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouët, McArthurGlen Group, Melimelo, Michael Kors, Moët Hennessy, Moncler, Pentland Brands, Pernod Ricard, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Selfridges, Shinola, Sophie Cameron Davies, Space Brands, Stella McCartney, Swarovski, Temperley London, The Perfect Gentleman, The Lane Crawford Joyce Group, Thomson & Scott, Tiffany & Co, Vivienne Westwood, Zino Davidoff Group (DAVIDOFF)
Last year’s Luxury Law highlights…
Year after year, The Luxury Law Summit provides a unique opportunity for general counsel and lawyers specialising in advising luxury brand owners and businesses to focus on the sector’s very particular challenges and opportunities.
Luxury business leaders, designers and entrepreneurs convened with their legal advisors for presentations, discussions and networking sessions that were designed to provide actionable business solutions. Our delegates joined the event to find out what those directing international strategy for their luxury brands are looking for from their legal support teams. They also benefited from hearing expert legal views on the most pressing issues impacting on luxury business growth.
Click here to see last year’s full agenda. Here are some highlights:
- A CEO perspective: Alan Davies, CEO of Diamonds & Minerals with Rio Tinto on the importance of provenance in the diamond industry.
- The General Counsel view: the heads of legal for Fendi, Furla and Charlotte Olympia shared their challenges and highlight the opportunities they see for business development
- How Hermes’ legal team protects and supports business growth, from the General Counsel.
- Data and the luxury sector: we learned from the CEO of Lyst, the fashion ecommerce platform that markets products from 10,000 designers and stores in one place.