Wednesday, May 21, 2014
19.00 Speaker, sponsor and V.I.P. reception
Thursday, May 22, 2014
08.30 Morning refreshments and registration
09.00 Welcome to the Luxury Law Summit from The Global Legal Post and International New York Times
09.05 Chair’s opening remarks
Jonathan Russell, co-founder, Spire Partners
09.10 General Counsel Roundtable
Alessandro Curotti, head of legal and corporate affairs, Salvatore Ferragamo
Alison Lazerwitz, executive vice president and general counsel, Swarovski
Iolanda Tursi, general counsel, Kurt Geiger
09.40 Panel: Digital and technology in the luxury world
- What do general counsel, but also C.F.O.s, C.M.O.s and C.E.O.s need to know about how changes in technology and social media will impact their businesses and the way they interact with their customers?
- What are the online security, privacy and reputation management issues which may arise in the near future? How should G.C.s work with their boards to tackle these issues in the right way?
- How can luxury brands prepare for the disruptive impact of technological advances? How will the luxury industry prepare for the challenges and opportunities posed by e.g., 3-D printing?
Daniela Cecilio, C.E.O. and founder, ASAP54
Steven Donald, managing partner, i2i associates
Mary Huang, founder, Continuum Fashion
David Sadigh, founder and C.E.O., Digital Luxury Group
10.30 Managing the Versace brand: Protection, nurturing and development
Gian Giacomo Ferraris, C.E.O., Gianni Versace S.p.A.
10.55 Morning refreshments
11.25 Breakout groups I
- Western Union Business Solutions: Maximising I.P. returns: Strategies for navigating international currency markets
- Baker & McKenzie: Driving performance through distribution
- CBM: New trademark law of China
- Jacobacci: Protecting the aura of luxury — from supply to markets
- Macfarlanes: “If I look confused, it’s because I am thinking”
14.00 Breakout groups II
- Covington & Burling: M&A Panel
- Guernsey Finance: Image rights
- Hung Au Yeung: Welcome to Asia! Creating a global luxury brand — Asia focus
- MarkMonitor: Large-scale counterfeiting lawsuits: Bridging the gap between legal and technology
- MTG: When a pin or post becomes a tweet too far — social media damage limitation
15.20 Afternoon refreshments
15.45 Interview: Stefano Rosso, C.E.O., OTB Group
Guest interviewer: Caroline Issa, publisher and fashion director, TANK
16.10 A designer’s perspective on luxury law
In this session, design visionary, Johannes Torpe, will share his thoughts on how best to “protect” creativity and how to build a business on the concept of design.
Johannes Torpe, creative director, Bang & Olufsen
16.35 Future market or emerging market: Sub-Saharan Africa
- What will the region mean to the luxury industry in the next 20 years?
- Mapping out the markets, opportunities and advantages
- Navigating and dealing with regional challenges, infrastructure and distribution
- Looking at market entry strategies and finding the model for success
- Optimizing digital and mobile technology and innovation for African growth
Uché Okonkwo-Pézard, executive director and founder, Luxe Corp
17.00 Interview: Building a luxury brand from scratch
What does the next generation of luxury business and creative leaders need to know when setting up shop? In this session, Nick and Giles English, co-founders of the Bremont Watch Company will talk about their experience of finding a niche in the luxury world, and some of the challenges they’ve faced along the way.
Nick English and Giles English, co-founders, Bremont Watch Company
17.30 Close of conference, followed by drinks reception
19.15 Luxury Law Summit dinner for all delegates
The Global Legal Post Luxury Law Awards
©2014. The organisers reserve the right to amend the program without giving prior notice.