As well as the editorial agenda, the Luxury Law Summit will offer a series of breakout sessions for delegates to choose from.
Morning Sessions confirmed so far include:
||Rules of Engagement, how to win your IP battles in ChinaTopics:
- Overview of the actual IPR infringing trends of trademark and design rights in China
- The role of internet and e-commerce: friends or enemies?
- The legal framework after the implementation of the new trademark law and latest jurisprudence about design protection
- Conceptual changes and new strategies needed to reduce risk and win enforcement cases
- Case Study: Giorgia Armanni, GC of Furla will take you through the Furla Experience
||Effective Legal Strategies for Luxury Brands to Seize Opportunities in Hong Kong, China and the U.S.
- A recap of the European ‘designer’ from the 2014 breakout session, the brand and business and the main issues faced since last year
- Introduce the scenario that our designer expands into Hong Kong, China and U.S. markets
- Latest trends for luxury brands in Hong Kong and ways you can protect intellectual property rights
- Details of China’s new leadership anti-corruption policy, concerns about China’s luxury market versus the opportunities to build a brand in China
- Updates on the New Trademark Law, the new independent IP courts and certain other more encouraging IP protection mechanisms in China.
- Information on how to ensure smooth U.S. entry and clearance process and avoid detentions, exclusions, seizures and penalties.
||“The perfect Trojan Horse? How technology can ruin Luxury”
- Right before your eyes – the cyber-security risk as a game-changer
- Why holding customer data carries more risk now than ever before
- How you manage technology says everything about how you value your customers
- Risk management – why the job you never wanted is the most important one you’ll ever do
||Effective enforcement program in Asian marketplaces Tailoring your brand protection strategy to address the problem of Chinese counterfeits can not only help you achieve your business goals in that important region but also help to drive business in other parts of the world.
- Understand more about the Chinese E-commerce Landscape
- Hear how best practice can assist you in developing an effective enforcement program in Asian marketplaces
- How to be prepared
- How to gather intelligence and measure results
Afternoon Sessions confirmed so far include:
||CREATING A WINNING ANTI-COUNTERFEIT STRATEGY ONLINE FOR YOUR LUXURY BRANDUsing the latest technology to stay one step ahead of counterfeiters online and showing ROI from your brand protection effort
- Online sales of counterfeit goods are growing faster than online sales of legitimate goods and more counterfeit goods are sold online than as ‘on the street’ sales
- 1 in 6 products sold online is now identified as counterfeit
- 96% of companies admit that guarding their online assets is now essential for the success of their brand, but only 40% have a strategy in place
- This year NetNames has removed over £2bn of counterfeit goods from sale on the internet across a range of industry sectors including luxury goods and fashion.
Join David Franklin (Brand Protection Specialist, NetNames) for this workshop to help you understand how online threats target your company and what steps you can take to protect your online investment, your sales revenues and ultimately your customers. Through real-life examples, taken from extensive industry experience, he will show you how to implement a broader online monitoring and enforcement strategy to stay one step ahead of the fraudsters.
This workshop will cover:
- Creating successful online brand protection strategies and the latest tools
- How to achieve an efficient, effective program by focusing on high volume sellers on online marketplaces and identifying networks of rogue websites
- New trends and how to deal with them, for example ‘showrooming’ and social media infringements
- Case studies and how to measure the success of your program- including the return on investment (ROI)
||An introduction to the Russian legal landscape for luxury marketplace; Challenges and opportunities for luxury companies while doing business in Russia.Emerging trends in legal framework Russia:
- New regulations on parallel import and grey goods;
- Effective brands protection by customs enforcement;
- Wider protection for well-known trademarks against copiers.
Mr. Anton Pushkov, Russian patent attorney, Managing Partner of Intellectual Property Center Skolkovo and former head of Linklaters IP/TMT group in Russia
||Luxury brand extension in the world of wearable technology
||The Future of Brand Protection is Here: Learn How New Technologies Change the GameBrandShield’s CEO, Yoav Keren will be providing an overview of the following topics:
- What is really happening with online counterfeiters and brand abusers?
- How big is the problem of online brand abuse, trademark infringement and counterfeit sales?
- How are luxury brands doing compared to brands in other industries?
- While companies invest more in brand protection today, the problem continues to grow exponentially. Why?
- What is the “Dark-Net” and is it the next big threat?
- Why brand owners cannot rely on 20th century technologies and strategies to fight 21st century attackers of their brand?
- How do you assess the revenue losses of your company as a result of on-line counterfeits sales?
- Case study: How do BrandShield’s revolutionary technologies help top brands fight in this constantly changing arena, minimize revenue losses, and secure brand integrity.