2014 Speaker Presentations
Future market or emerging market: Sub-Saharan Africa
- What will the region mean to the luxury industry in the next 20 years?
- Mapping out the markets, opportunities and advantages
- Navigating and dealing with regional challenges, infrastructure and distribution
- Looking at market entry strategies and finding the model for success
- Optimizing digital and mobile technology and innovation for African growth
Uché Okonkwo-Pézard, executive director and founder, Luxe Corp
Jacobacci breakout session: Protecting the aura of luxury – from supply to markets
The path to luxury is full of risks with potential issues along the road. This session will identify what companies need to look out for, how to avoid a problem and what to do when they become aware of a potential issue.
Guest speaker: Annick de Chaunac, GC, Hermès
Annick joined Hermès in 1996 as General Counsel. She coordinates the team and processes issues related to competition law and consumer international locations. Annick determines the Group Legal strategy, particularly in terms of intellectual property.
Session chair: Fabrizio Jacobacci, partner, Studio Legale Jacobacci & Associati
Speaker: Nicolas Martin, Director of IP, Hermès
CBM breakout session: New trademark law of China – how this will affect the protection of the trademark rights of foreign brands in China.
Renowned consumer brands from the U.S. and Europe, as well as emerging brands, face major challenges in China under the trademark law and system in force. The session will look at a range of issues including:
- The challenge posed by trademark trolls
- How companies should tackle and reduce the impact of counterfeiting ‘made-in-China’ on their brand and market position.
- The impact of the new amendment on China’s Trademark law.
- The shortcomings of China’s trademark system from ‘First to File’ abuse and counterfeiting
- New legislation on the horizon